About Thanassis Pliakis, MPSE
Sound 2 Design is run by Thanassis Pliakis, a sound designer, sound editor and sound mixer situated in the Netherlands. He has been credited for the sound of numerous feature documentaries, corporate films, commercials, and tv programs from 1989 until present. Having a musical background and understanding sound-related cognitive processes, he can create and efficiently implement sound for picture. Parallel to sound designing he is editing promotional trailers and works on location as a production sound mixer.
• University degree in Physical Education and Sport Science (BSc), Thessaloniki, Greece
• Gateway School of Recording, London, UK
• Active member of the American Motion Picture Sound Editors society MPSE
what others say:
• "The work of Thanassis Pliakis is distinguised for its level of accuracy and inventiveness; he has the ability to create unexpected but highly matching atmospheres for any given scene; be it drama or documentary".
- Wim Post, rerecording mixer and Dolby mastering engineer at Cinemeta - Amsterdam, The Netherlands
• " I would recommend working with Thanassis wholeheartedly and without any reservation."
- Hans Hermans, documentary filmmaker